Well knock me over with a pork chop!

And I was... literally. Now I'm not a pork fan per se, I like to be asked how I prefer my meat, rare, medium rare etc, no jokes please. But yesterday, when Miss K and I went to L'Otentik restaurant in Saint Chinian for their plate de jour, I noticed that everyone was having the Côte de Cochon d'Aveyron. 

Well, as they say, when in Rome.

It was A-MAZING! I have never tasted such mouth-watering, succulent pork in my entire life. From the first bite to the last it was sumptuous. How does a chef, working by himself in a tiny kitchen, with a dining room full of ravenous patrons do it? Well, we are in southern France.


Oh, and let's not forget the entrée. Only the day earlier, Miss K had mentioned how we hand't seen her favourite Oeuf Mimosa on any menus. Well, low and behold, though not on the menu board it was offered. And again, it was over the top delicious, and generous. How I got trough it I'll never know.

Oh, and let's not forget the dessert. I had the crème brûlée, OMG, what an indulgence. I could have had two. Miss K had the îles flottantes. As the name suggests, the floating island, Miss K adds the words... of pure heaven.

Oh, and let's not forget the price. Oui, an outrageous €16 each.

Oh, and let's not forget... it also included coffee.

Oh, and let's not forget... we're going back next week!

Have I forgotten anything?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'll be 'Galopin' back to get more!!!

A little wood is good!

Me thinks it doth protest too much. Shakespeare (me thinks)